Monday, August 16, 2010

Another long ride and more crazy weather

I went for a ride on Saturday that took me to Wyoming for lunch. 320 beautiful miles, antelope, pelicans, swans, road kill deer. Sorry no pics, if you've ever seen a western movie you know what most of the scenery looked like.

Today's forecast, 10% chance of rain. Today's actual weather, sheets, deluge, pour, buckets, etc etc... I sprinted to my car, after work, I was dripping by the time I finished the 75-100ft. My hair became spiky and my clothes clingy. Before I left my desk, I couldn't see across the street; by the time my car was rolling, I could see the mountains that are just under 10 miles away. I should have waited for the rain to slow.
I believe at least 3 tornadoes touched down in the state in just a few minutes. Good thing this wasn't Saturday's weather.

I guess that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment