I took Thursday off work to get some fun in before Julie starts school next week.
We've been wanting to make our first trip up to the mountains for a a while, the weather wasn't cooperative-until Thursday. It was sunny, calm, and warm enough...perfect.
We started the day off strong by getting a solid 3 hours of sleep. Julie was good and nauseous before we even got on the lift. This is only her second day of snowboarding, ever, and her second (and third) ride on a lift. She's learning so fast, I better stop helping or she's going to pass me up soon! Too bad I didn't take the video earlier, when she was yelling how awesome she was.
"Holla!...I rule!...Look at me go, I can snowboard."
I'm pretty sure she only fell when she felt like it, amazing. No real injuries, just a lot of soreness.
I spent most of the day on my butt, until Julie covered enough distance that it had to be closed again...most of the day. Then things changed a bit when Julie wanted some alone time and I wanted to go at my own speed. I took a lift that started where the first one ended and then went all the way down to end the day wing a bang, or crash as it turned out. A few things led to the tumble, me being rusty, speed, inexperience in powder (I hope to change that soon), and, mostly, being distracted by trying to keep everything in the 2 inch frame. I somehow managed to keep it in my hand, enjoy the ride and try not to get sick. Sorry about the sound, not sure what happened. No, it isn't flatulence; and no, I haven't figured out how to motorize my snowboard.
Oh Wow! Thanks for taking me up there with you. That was a long and FAST ride down the mountain with interesting angle shots toward the end :)
ReplyDeleteNice job Julie.
Not too many people.
Looked like your own private ski resort.