Saturday, October 10, 2009

Busy!

Fran, sorry we haven't posted in a while!

We've been crazy busy.
We have more STUFF than we should, so it's taking a long time to get situated.
We only got internet on Tuesday evening and we spent 5hrs (after my normal 8) doing work for my dad. Also, our computer is dying. We've been trying to put stuff away and get organized enough to enjoy the time we have with my mom and Monica (they are visiting 10/9-12).
We went out to dinner last night and it was snowing when we walked out of the restaurant...still snowing and should keep snowing through most of the day! Julie, the crazy person she is, didn't cancel her craft show today...it's outside...show started at 8am when it was mid 20's and snowing.
I plan to take the mom and sister to Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park...Julie may join us if she leaves the show early. How could anyone blame her for that?! Mom wants to see animals, nature, trees changing and go for a short hike; Monica wants to see snow and be miserably cold...I will do my best not to disappoint either of them. Monica will be easy, she only brought slick soled boots...so when she slips and gets covered in snow...I obviously wont let a snow and dirt covered person back in my car...so that would be plenty of snowy, cold misery-she will be thrilled!
Well, the mom is now scared because there is snow on the roads...we better still get out and do stuff!
I'll take pictures of anything interesting this weekend. I'll also take pictures of our place, with furniture, and get those posted pronto.
Thursday, Julie and I finally got to sit down and do nothing for more than a few minutes.
We had our booze, popcorn, and The Godfather. It was a good night. I can't believe neither of us have seen it until now!
The job is still awesome. Except it's making me feel old...finally (kinda). So, when Julie heard that this years high school graduating class is 2010...she realized that was 8 years ago for us....I finally got my first "man" job...last night I thought to myself and later said out loud...."I have a 401K and I'm driving my Volvo." Also, before moving out, we were doing the 'how old are you' with Alex (2yrs old). She said she was 2 then asked how old I was. It took me a second to assure myself 25 was correct, you should have seen the look on her face...she can't even count that high.

Let's end on a high note....we were checking out the view of snow falling last night. The four of us looking out the window of our guest bedroom (second floor) it sure was pretty. That is, until Monica looked a couple units down and saw our neighbor, he (hopefully) had just gotten out of his hot tub, he was ASS NAKED! Poor Julie, looked too late and missed the view. She's probably the only one who didn't have nightmares last night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I asked. Who wouldn't want to hear about naked neighbors and Volvo-driving, 401K-owning 25-year-olds feeling... well, old. Come on, Greg. 25 is not old. Only to a 2-year old. I hope you enjoyed your time with Monica and Candee. Sounds like it. Sounds like Monica is ready to move there now.

    ReplyDelete