I asked her to take a pic of my car with the trailer next to all of the giant trucks with their TRAILERS, she forgot. At least we have some other pictures here for your enjoyment, at Julie's expense : (
It was a great time, even though I'm so sore I had to take narcotics to sleep last night.
Strangely, Julie likes going so that she can relax while I have fun. Somehow she's able to relax while I go way too fast, risking my life for a not so cheap thrill...not sure exactly how she manages that. Maybe it's because she makes me drop a "0" off my speed.
I rebuilt the engine and brakes myself, fortunately both worked perfectly.
It was mostly just rental karts and kids out there. That made it a little dangerous because some of them weren't very predictable in their paths and I was going roughly twice as fast as them. Passing at a 30+mph speed differential means it happens very quickly and when a kid going down the middle of the track half way down a straight decides that he should move to the right (where he should have been all along)...it's a good thing my brakes worked! I had to remove part of my face from the inside of my helmet after that.
I was getting down to 57 seconds per lap on a 1 mile track with lots of tight turns...that's an AVERAGE of more than 60mph...I wouldn't want an 8yr old going half that fast!!! Kinda funny though, a dad was telling us that his 8 yr old's kart was maxing out at ~37mph, he occasionally tapped the brakes but never lifted off the gas through the entire track! The little kart has less power than my RC truck (no joke)!
Incognito
Bandito
What time is it? Time to be more careful with the sunscreen?
No comments:
Post a Comment